Network: CBC Television Network
Broadcast Run: 1981 to 1982
Broadcast Medium: Television
Aired Tuesday nights during the summer of 1981; aired Thursday nights during the summer of 1982.
This time slot was dedicated to Canadian feature films, usually being seen on television for the first time. Quebec films were usually dubbed into English.
Featured titles included:
- Allan King’s adaptation of W.O. Mitchell’s Who Has Seen The Wind?;
- Jean Beaudin’s J.A. Martin, Photographe; Violette Noziere, directed by Claude Chabrol
- Clay Borris’s Alligator Shoes
- The Coffin Affair, directed by Jean-Claude Labrecque
- Claude Jutra’s adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s novel, Surfacing; and
- Micheline Lanctot’s The Handyman (L’Homme a tout faire).
Written by John Corcelli – November, 2005