Jack Elliott / Left the Air
|CFCU-AM||1925||n/a||n/a||Jack Elliott / Left the Air|
|CFCU-AM||1923||410 metres||20 w||Jack Elliott|
Owned by Jack V. Elliot Ltd., CFCU was located at 123 King Street West. The station began broadcasting in 1923 on 410 metres with 20 watts of power. The following year, CFCU increased power on 410 to 50 watts. Later in 1924, the station moved to 880 kHz with 500 watts. CFCU left the air in 1925.
The story continues elsewhere…
Effective September 1st 2019, we will only be adding new material to these station histories in exceptional circumstances. Our intent to chronicle the early days of these radio and television stations has been achieved, and many new sources and technologies, from the CRTC website to Wikipedia, and others, are now regularly providing new information in these areas.