|CJCX-SW||1937||6010||1,000||Eastern Broadcasters Ltd. (CJCB-AM)|
CJCB began broadcasting on shortwave when it opened CJCX on a frequency of 6010 kHz with 1,000 watts of power. The signal expanded CJCB’s coverage area across the Maritimes. The station was owned by Eastern Broadcasters Ltd. and the transmitting facilities were located on South Bar Road near Sydney.
CJCB received permission to delete the operation of its shortwave transmitter CJCX.
The station left the air in 1976. It had operated on a frequency of 6,010 kHz.
The story continues elsewhere…
Effective September 1st 2019, we will only be adding new material to these station histories in exceptional circumstances. Our intent to chronicle the early days of these radio and television stations has been achieved, and many new sources and technologies, from the CRTC website to Wikipedia, and others, are now regularly providing new information in these areas.