Western Radio Supply Store / Left the air
|CHCE-AM||1925||400||5||Western Radio Supply Store / Left the air|
|CHCE-AM||1923||400||5||Western Radio Supply Store|
Four young men from Victoria formed Western Canada Radio Supply Company to build and sell radio receivers. Kenneth G. Moffatt was Manager and they opened a store on Fort Street that also housed a 5 watt transmitter. It was on the air as CHCE for a few months broadcasting only music.
Official records show the license was terminated in 1925.
SOURCE: Book – “Imagine Please” by D. J. Duffy – B. C. Archives -see
The story continues elsewhere…
Effective September 1st 2019, we will only be adding new material to these station histories in exceptional circumstances. Our intent to chronicle the early days of these radio and television stations has been achieved, and many new sources and technologies, from the CRTC website to Wikipedia, and others, are now regularly providing new information in these areas.