Groupes de Radio

View the history of ownership groups in Canada

Existing Groupes de Radio Radio Stations

Blackburn Radio Inc. - Histoire
StationYearFréqFortOwneE/Infeur
StationYearChannelNetwork AffiliateOwneE/Infeur

Gatineau

CFTX-FM (Pop 96.5) - Histoire
StationYearFréqFortOwneE/Infeur
CFTX-FM
2007
96.5
1,750
RNC Media
CFTX-FM
2006
96.5
1,750
Radio Nord Communications Inc.
StationYearChannelNetwork AffiliateOwneE/Infeur

Hudson-Saint Lazare

Evanov Radio Group Inc. - Histoire
StationYearFréqFortOwneE/Infeur
StationYearChannelNetwork AffiliateOwneE/Infeur

À Montréal, les quatre frères Greenberg fondaient une entreprise de photographie, Angreen Photo inc., qui deviendrait par la suite Astral Média, propriétaire du plus grand groupe de stations de radio au Canada. Par ailleurs, cette entreprise détenait aussi d’importants actifs télévisuels traditionnels et spécialisés. Chacun des frères – Harold, Harvey, Sidney et Ian – contribueront de manière significative à l’évolution de cette entreprise exceptionnelle.

A history of the Bell media company from Alexander Graham Bell to now.

York Broadcasters Limited, owned by entrepreneur Jack Q’Part, was licensed to launch Toronto AM radio station CHUM 1050.

Henri Audet, who a decade later would found Cogeco Inc, first entered broadcasting when he joined the CBC, where he held increasingly responsible positions over the next ten years.

Pendant de nombreuses années, Shaw Cablesystems gérait avec succès ses divers systèmes de câblodistribution. Le 27 août 1987, en faisant l’acquisition de deux stations situées à Red Deer (Alberta), CIZZ-FM et CKGY-FM, Shaw (qui deviendra plus tard Corus Entertainment) effectuait son entrée en scène en tant que titulaire de licences d’entreprises de radiodiffusion en direct. Au cours de cette même période, Shaw effectuait d’autres acquisitions, dont celles de CISN-FM Edmonton (1988), CHAY-FM Barrie (1990), CKCK-FM Woodstock (1991) et CFOX-FM et CKLG-AM Vancouver (1992).

The radio broadcasting station CHNS Halifax was founded in 1925 by Major William C. Borrett and fellow members of the Halifax Radio Listeners' Club, Cecil Landry, Lionel Shatford and John Redmond. The group launched its first broadcast from the Carleton Hotel on 12 May 1926, with technical support from the Northern Electric Co. In the same year, the station came under the ownership of Halifax Herald Ltd.

With the acquisition from Roy (later Lord) Thomson of Abitibi Témiscamingue AM radio stations CKRN Rouyn, CHAD Amos and CKVD Val d’Or, brothers Jean-Joffre and David Armand Gourd, together with Roger Charbonneau, became owners of what was to become a major Quebec radio and television station group, Radio Nord (which would later become RNC Media). The stations were supplementary affiliates of CBC Quebec.

In August, the first appearance of the name Rogers on the Canadian broadcasting scene came with the introduction of the Rogers Batteryless Radio at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto. The break-through invention was powered by alternating current (A.C.), thanks to the new tubes that Edward S. (Ted) Rogers had invented, which did not need batteries, and which eliminated the severe hum that had previously been triggered by the use of alternating current. The development of the new receiver had been financed by Edward's father Albert's holding company, Standard Radio Manufacturing Corporation Ltd. (Standard).

CTA Donation - FR

Nous dépendons des subventions et des dons de l’industrie

Voyez nos commanditaires